11/28/2010

Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows Part 1 (M.R.)

Taken from http://catchadragon.tumblr.com/

This installment of the Harry Potter film series has been, by far, the best one.  Sure, it felt like an action movie, but honestly, the book was the most exciting part of it.  The movie left out enough of the camping trip that the audience could stay attentive and still get most of the story.

I was happy they caught a bunch of my favorite moments from the book, such as the epic night flight and Dobby's death and a bunch of funny lines I thought they had not included.   I almost cried when Dobby died, but I was still laughing hysterically from the scene when Ron opens up the Horcrux.

Of all the movies, they did the best job with cinematography and using CGI.  I really felt unsafe during most scenes, just as the characters would when they were on the run from...oh...everyone.  And the graphics they used for the Ministry of Magic cleansing of the muggles reminded me of movies that took place during the 1940's and similar totalitarian times.  I thought it was a nice touch.

I highly recommend this film to everyone who likes action movies and fantasy films.  And anyone who enjoys watching awkward make out scenes for the sheer hilarity of it.

Rating: 9/10

No comments: