1/29/2010

Basic Outline of G.W.D.Y.M.M.S.L. (G.W.D.Y.M.M.S.L.)

Yeah so it didn't work out for NanoWriMo to write 50,000 words in a month, so I'm just working on it at my own slow pace for fun. Here's an outline of what I have a plot so far:

Nadine is a senior in college and she's got some problems: she's got OCD and is highly germophobic, she can't cope with her and her boyfriend getting intimate, her mom has to chose which dad to marry, her brother's dad spends too much time at their house, and her best friend drinks...way too much. This is a chronology of her last semester of high school and her first semester of college.

Yeah it sounds cheesy, I know. But I like how it's coming out. So the characters are:
  • Nadine: the protagonist; has OCD; organizes everything by colors; hates germs; father has no name; best friends are Nat and Mia; girlfriend of Alex; her antagonist at school is Brianna; curvy and likes to workout; going to Brown
  • Nat: Nadine's best friend; has too many issues; very insecure; drinks a lot; parents quite absentee; really smart; going to Yale; she drinks mostly and hangs out with a large crowd of druggie kids
  • Mitch: Nadine's bald brother; he likes philosophy and leads a very schedules life; son of Paul; really caring; can be obnoxious sometimes; hates people; runs his dad's business
  • Mom: Nadine's and Mitch's mom; she's caring but can be easily distracted; author for a living; never married; supports kids at all times; knows everything about everyone
  • Paul: Mitch's dad; really Christian and proper; wanted to join priesthood
  • Dad: Nadine's dad; why he doesn't have, I don't think I'll know
  • Brianna: bitchy popular girl; wants to be part of popular drug crowd but can't; has too much sex; gets in everyone's face
  • Mia: a junior; really likes musical theater; really positive person; helps Nadine when stuff gets too hard
  • Ms. Porter: the school guidance counselor; helped Nat realize her problems
  • Mr. Gutierrez: the English teacher; he'll have a bigger role someday
Those are all the characters I have so far. And I love how even though I had nothing to blog about, I found something to blog about.

No comments: