1/02/2010

All the Right Moves

(Inspired by OneRepublic's song of the same title)

I used to be that girl
Sitting in a corner
Kind of scared of everything
That's around her.

She didn't think she
Had anything to offer
But then something kind
Of clicked inside.

I noticed I've got
Some beauty and some brains
And that makes me actually
Kind of awesome.

I realized
Appendages don't matter,
Like the size of your wallet
And your reputation.

I've got plenty
Of friends in plenty
Of places.
I'm not going down.

You can say all you
Want, but your words
Aren't going to get to me.

I know that I've hurt,
I've been laid to waste,
That glass structure
That used to be me
Is broken.

And it takes some time
And it takes some strength
To fix everything
And put it back to normal.

But it won't exactly
Be the same
And I kind of had to learn
That the hard.

And I don't think
Anyone can bring me down
Again.
I've gotten better.

I think I'm all right,
I think I'm okay.
I've returned to health.

And honestly
Things cannot have been better.

No comments: