1/03/2010

Blogging (N.a.P.)

I spend way to much time looking up webcomics. And the webcomic community isn't even my scene. So this morning I decided to go look up some blogs and get in touch with other people who used blogger. I came upon some cool ones, but then I checked the dates. Some haven't been updated since 2007.

Which frustrates me because since there are so few updates, the blogs kind of lose interest. I lose interest in my own blog when I haven't updated in a few days. But that's because I am crazy about posting. Well, not so much crazy as absolutely on time with getting a daily blog entry.

Speaking of posting right on target, I greatly admire Jeph Jacques of Questionable Content. No matter how messed up his sleep schedule gets or how hectic his personal life is, he always manages to post every day. Even if it's not a "legit" comic, he still gets something up. And that keeps it interesting. It's sort of like bands that one amazing album and then you have to wait a few years for the next one to come out instead of them coming out kind of consecutively. Well, that can go two ways. Green Day waited for 5 years after American Idiot to release 21st Century Breakdown and that was incredible. The Killers come out with an album basically every other year and they've been going down a very perilous slope. Damn you, Brandon Flowers and your ego.

But it also happens in relationships too. Once there's a lull and the other person isn't as "exciting" anymore, it just gets boring.

As those Rémy Martin ads say, STAY INTERESTING (drink responsibly).

No comments: