8/19/2010

Going Away To College For a Bit (N.a.P.)

Dear My People,

So I'm leaving for Ithaca, New York in a day or less. Butt-fuck no where, I know. And I have to be up at 4 AM, so I probably won't be sleeping tonight.  Actually, I might have to.  And I know I'm really excited and you're all thrilled for me. But there's definitely a huge chunk of you that are like "oh noez, Imma miss yo face" and "what am I going to do without youz?" There's a huge chunk of me that'll be like that too.

Let's step back, and breathe.  Haha, I'm being such a hypocrite.  As I'm editing this for 5 millionth time, making sure it's perfect, tears are streaming down my face because, you know, acoustic music is the best stuff to listen to when you're leaving most things and people you know for a while and need to get that full nostalgic effect.  But, I'm going to take it up like a big girl.  In all honesty, I'm a bit scared.  I've been away in places by myself, but I haven't actually lived there. 

But it's not like I'm being sent away to a hermitage or a nunnery or a cloister where I won't be able to contact you ever. I will keep in touch with those of you that have made a permanent residence in my heart (so corny, I know, bear with me). And I shall also keep in touch with those that I met recently, since I like following through on things and seeing where I'll wind up. Sure, we didn't get the chance to spend enough time to see where it will go. Good news?  I am coming back for Columbus Day weekend and Thanksgiving and Christmas/ January.

In addition to the so-far-yet-so-closeness of where my college is, there's also cell phones and facebook and the blog. I have T-Mobile so my cell reception might be terrible, but there's free wifi so computer is the way to go. Granted, I won't be able to be online as often as I was during the summer. The first week or so, I won't be online at all.  But wall posts and facebook inbox messages and emails are welcome. I like those better because I can step back and think of something super eloquent to say. Or reply quickly with something clever and snarky. Pick one.

But I will miss a whole bunch of people. Because I care. And I will try my best to keep in touch with everyone. I'm not going to make any promises for fear of disappointment and rawr towards me. Unless it's dinosaur "I love you" rawr. I'm not going to try to be profound (because that is stupid), but even in my collegiate state of study, friends, and God knows whatever else goes on at school, I won't forget the people who helped me be the girl I am today.  That's the only thing I can promise.

Love, hugs, and sincerity,
Joanna

P.S.: Here's a play list of songs just for you guys.
P.P.S.: Seal found on the Internet via Google images.



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

No comments: