10/12/2010

College Coming

Foreign.
How I've felt most of my life.
No matter how accepted I become,
I always feel a strange sense of detachment.

Home country doesn't feel like home
Because I don't speak the language fluently.

Home city hasn't felt like home since 2008.
For reasons I never talk about.

College doesn't feel like home.
I mean, it feels more homely
Than the previous two places.
But something is missing.

They say home is where the heart is.
Physically,
The heart is in my chest.
But home in my chest?  That
Sounds unnecessarily weird.

Emotionally,
My heart is nowhere,
So is home nowhere? That
Doesn't make much sense either.

Buddhism says attachment is stupid.

Maybe home is just an idea
Of being comfortable where you're at
At the moment.  And if that happens
To be the same place for a long
Time with loads of memories,
So be it.

My home is so divided.

No comments: