5/01/2010

Fuck Buttons and Foals (M.S.O.)

Anyone who knows me knows that I am a fan of bands with really freaking bizarre or inappropriate name. Fuck Buttons fills my inappropriate quotient. Foals...they're named after baby horses. Decide for yourself.

Anyway, Fuck Buttons is really nice, minimal techno. But they are really good for working out at a gym. If you like "Flux" by Bloc Party, there is a chance you might like their latest album, Tarot Sport. But they have many clever musical moments which convey the title and the imagery of the song.

Foals make great study music. Earlier today, I actually timed the free response portion of my practice test with the Antidotes album. I thought they were going to b unoriginal, but they are really clever. Whoever knew math rock would be cool?

No comments: