4/17/2010

Cornellian Impressions (N.a.P.)

I'm going to write this in the form of facebook statuses.  Teehee!

"Joanna thinks it's pretty nice and chilly up here.  She can get used to this."

"Wow I didn't think I'd see that kid around here.  That was weird."

"God, all these people in the class of 2014 seem a bit antisocial.  Or maybe it's cuz they're with their parents.  That's my excuse."

"My host seems really nice.  As does everyone else I've mustered the courage to talk to when my dad left.  TAKE THAT PMS!"

"There's a couch, a tv, a kitchen, the rooms are big, and the bathroom is really spacious and awesome.  I think I would like to try out this townhouse arrangement."

"OMG SO MUCH WALKING GYAH!  At least I wore sneakers."

"Holy shit, they have a vegetarian counter.  FOOD IS AWESOME."

"Hmm...great, I get to sleep on a couch.  At least watching Cougertown with my host and her bestie was fun."

"What the hell?  It's three A.M.  At least if/ when I actually live here, I'll be sleeping in a legit bed.  I thought I was short enough to fit the couch..."

"So I'm waiting for this welcome session to start and there's a cutie sitting two seats away from me.  Time to stop being awkward."

"740? 710?  How the FUCK did I get in then?"

"Good to know there are people who think the same way I do...I should get this kid's number."

"Hmm.  I like Uris Library.  When are the stairs going to start moving?"

"An underground library?  Damn, this place is innovative."

"Aw shit, I left my sleeping bag sprawled all over the couch.  Must trek back to fix that."

"GAH!  Skipping this breakfast this morning was bad.  Now, I wish I had normal people cravings, like cookies and ice cream...not garlic hummus and pretzels."

"Okay, now I need to walk all the back down campus to meet some kids in the engineering school.  OF COURSE I accidentally take the scenic route.  It's so pretty though."

"...engineering boys=cuties.  And of course I'm like the only chick here.  Wheee ^-^"

"Engineering quad food is great too.  Actually, the engineering quad is awesome."

"These labs are crazy.  40 to 60 hours a week working with a project team?  That's INSANE.  But kind of intriguing.  And attractive."

"So I'm hauling my ass up to north campus with a kid I've been hanging out with for three hours whose name I don't know.  It's okay, I don't think he knows mine either.  Wait, I've got my name tag on.  Shyt."

"The singles dorm house looks more like a...I don't know, kind of reminds me of alcatraz.  Yeah, I've been there before.  But the rooms are really big."

"So now I head home.  Highlights: awesome dorming, awesome food, really friendly people.  Academics are a given.  Low points?  Only having about...2 bars of service at any given time."

That's a basic summary of my two days at Cornell.

No comments: