4/23/2009

Last Night [I Composed a Bass Part]

I woke up last night in the
Middle of a dream
Wondering "How the hell I'd end up here?"

I looked out the ballroom window
And there your hand was
And I wondered how the hell you're
Out there.

I like to think that my dreams are so profound
But really they're just some random sounds.

Like a discontinued chorus
Taken completely out of context
In a horrible remix of
My favorite rock song.

I sat up and went to see you hand
But there really wasn't any body there.

So I looked at it and cried
And I realized that there was no one there.

Oh how...
I miss days
When I didn't have to wake up
And wonder if I am dreaming.

Oh how...
I want to
Go back to freshman year
And start up again.

But I know I can't.
And I also know that
Getting a nom won't happen,
Just because I'm not at a place where I belong.

In guidance class we were watching a movie
About death and fear and restraint and what
Links them all.

I would never ever ever
Want to
Never ever ever
Want to
Watch some segments of my life.

But then...
I hear songs
That have really painful images attached.

But then...
I see pics
Of images I never want to relive.

I am difficult.
I am annoying.
And that's what brought here in the first place.

And I'm so sorry.
I didn't mean to be
Such a bitch to you earlier today.

No comments: