4/28/2009

Kayleighsita [Song for My Best Friend]

Sometimes life just goes where we
Don't want it to be,
Kind of like falling asleep
And going three stops too far.

But it's those times when you see
Everything as a dream
You don't know right from left
Or up from down...
Wait, that's me on a normal day.

I digress and return to you
My ailing friend with broken heart
And enough kleenex to kill all the trees.

Don't worry
I will hold your head high
Even though you want to cry.

Kayleighsita,
It'll all be okay.
Don't worry it'll be fine.

I think that you just need some time
For yourself and for your tears and ugly thoughts and ugly fears.
I will soon become just a bad memory
And nothing more than a dream.

You were
There for me when I was sad.
But I'll be there for you now.

Kayleighsita,
Don't stop crying.
Wait until you feel all right.

My theory is you need to be upset
At least just for a little while
To get all the ugliness out.
So that the prettiness could shine.

Because really...
You are quite fantastic.
I want to see you smile.

Kayleighsita,
You're my friend.
And I don't want
To see you sad.

Just please please cry
Until you don't need to cry.

No comments: