2/17/2009

Hello, Pessimism

Okay, so this is probably the first entry in weeks that I haven't written in verse. But I need to find some way of channeling my pessimism.

Stuff on my mind right now:
  • Saturday's speech competition
  • Not hanging out until have the SAT
  • Relationships
  • Grades
  • College
If you can find some negative, non-optimistic aspect of those things, you can guarantee that that's where my mind is right now. And it's not fun.

Like part of the reason I can give such good advice is that I can see the ridiculously pessimistic side of all things and figure "HEY! The bright side is the complete opposite." Yes, I know, it's such a shocker. But that bright never seems to resonate in my head ever. It's all "blah you won't get anything remotely good on the SAT" or "your 'friend' will ditch you Saturday" or "he totally has someone aside from you." Yeah, it's pretty bad.

As you might be thinking, I put all this shit online because, unless I ask someone to read it, no one does. Well, I know two people that check the blog regularly. But the poems put them in such like entry-lag that there's probably no point.

There's no point in checking my cell phone, email, or AIM either. I like talking to people, but the real question is "do people like talking to me?" I hope they do, but ugh.

My pessimism has no limits.

No comments: