12/19/2011

A Little Theory

Taken from lezitup
Sometimes I feel like film adaptations of books are only released to get people to read more.  And I guess that's why film makers usually make them mediocre.  I have not been so goal-oriented to finish a book since the final Harry Potter because everyone I knew finished it three week before I did because I had to wait that long after the release date.

But there's something nice about reading an actual book.  Feeling the pages between your fingers, lights and pixels not burning your eyes, being able to dog-ear the pages to keep your spot...I forgot how wonderful it was.  And especially with The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, there's something authentic about actually flipping the pages quickly to find out what happens next, unlike on a Kindle or a computer screen.  There's just something really genuine about the whole "having an actual book reading" experience.

No comments: