2/26/2010

Prom Dress Shopping Part Deux(B.O.A.)

So I went dress shopping today. On my second snow day this year. Snow and dress shopping seemed to go together. Anyway, I went to RK Bridal this time because they have a large selection of dresses. I saw so many that were cute, I spent almost 2 hours trying on dresses. The consultant I worked with was really nice and she could totally relate to the whole "mom needs to approve of the dress" thing since she's a mother. Some prom dresses on the market are way too cut-out. Like asking, "WHERE did the dress go?!" Anyway, here are the 3 I liked most.This is the first one I tried on that I felt good in. It was probably the 8th dress I tried on overall. I loved how the purple looked with my hair and skin tone. It was a bit large at the bottom (compared to other dresses), but it had structure. I tried a few other "bubble" dresses and I am not enough of a rack to fit into those.
This one I fell for. I love how the purple reflects blue; it's like it has my two favorite colors in one. It bunched up really nice around my ass and even though there is some rufflage in the front, it covers up my belly, which is awesome! I felt a bit more refined in that one.
This is the last dress my consultant pulled out for me. The mermaid style looks really really good on me. And the "turquoise" comes out more like a green, but it feels so nice.

Sucky part is that I liked all of these dresses. It's up to my next visit to see which dress gets my mother's stamp of approval. I hope she likes the second one. I really liked it.

No comments: