8/09/2009

Trip to MoMA

I won't call myself
An artist
Because the last thing
I drew was an emo kid
Playing a bass about
Two years ago.

But I do know
What can be
Considered art.

When my mother and I
Went to MoMA,
I failed to understand
Why some of the stuff
Was there.

A red stripe on the wall
Is considered art.
That's about as absurd
That boyishly-skinny
Women are considered
Beautiful and curvy.

And hair that look like
Your cat had seen a rat
In it and had a spazz attack
In it is super hot.

Um...
What I'm trying to say,
It's that because it's
Modern
Popular
And cool doesn't
Mean it actually takes skill.

Except for some paintings.
Like Picasso and Dali.

2 comments:

Jes Skylar said...

yeaa i noe what you mean. the same thing with poetry. you write one line and they call it a masterpiece poem that will be remembered for all of time. geese lol
- jes(S.I) i made another blog :)

Jes Skylar said...

oops i think i put the comment in the wrong place lol anyways, but yea the same with poetry. write one friggin line and they call it a masterpiece poem. seriously. geese