1/17/2009

You're SO FUNNY! (Not Really)

Dear Readers,

You know the phrase "adding insult to injury"? Well, it's been proving so true recently. It's been proving true since the break up. That was bad enough, but everything following hasn't made it any better.

I know I'm pretty. I know I'm smart. People tell me I'm the nicest person ever. Some others say I'm really annoying. But seems like nothing's been working out besides school. But school always worked out. It's not like it's so really "HOLY SHIT!" thing that school works out for me.

Today was half-fun, half-adding-insult-to-injury. Well party/ hangout got canceled because half the people didn't know which weekend the thing was taking place. So yeah. But making smores and playing sims and talking about randomness with my friend was fun. The taxi ride...wow I've never experienced anything that made me so angry, sad, grateful, annoyed, depressed, and frustrated all at the same time.

The driver, inadvertently, took me down the same path my best friend would take me when he still had his car and when we were still together.

Even though it was dark, I remembered every landmark: the turkish place, Esposito pork deli, Scott J hair salon, etc. I even saw the street where we shared our first kiss. I mean, sure I'm over him, but it was positively HORRIBLE to see those places again. I'm really happy I'm not video logging this cuz tears are streaming down my face.

I've never felt so alone in my whole life.
Sincerely,
Me
"Who said unbroken happiness
Is a bore, is a bore?
Who said it, my love?
I don't mind it anymore, anymore
And I reach out a hand over your side of the bed
Pull that blanket over your shoulders exposed to the night
And the hunger of those early years will never return
But I don't mind, I don't mind"
-Ion Square by Bloc Party

No comments: