12/26/2009

Anniversaries (N.a.P.)

Does Christmas and the holidays seem to make people wanna jump each other's bones and start dating each other or is it just me? I mean, I'm kind of in that mode, except in a slower hugging motion so that the dude doesn't run away, but still.

But online, there are plenty of posts about "Happy insert month number here anniversary." I think it's cute, but part of me feels like being condescending about monthiversaries. So I will be. Because I feel like counting down the months you've been together makes it seem like the relationship is one some weird time frame. Like, I'm almost scared of starting anything because of "oh noez I'm graduating in 6 months, that's too short for a relationship!" Most that is being caused by periodic PMS (haha, pun) and general love paranoia. I tried ignoring the months and just keeping it general, no exact dates and whatnot. But I got wrapped up in the whole monti-whats-it and that just made me feel so inadequate.

It's taken too many boys to realize this, but it's probably best to enjoy it while it lasts and just kind of ignore the numbers. This, coming from me, sounds too hypocritical and I deeply apologize.

No comments: