9/13/2009

VMAs (T.V.C.)

So the dance tribute to Michael Jackson was fun to watch. Because Michael Jackson...even though he touched children (allegedly), his music is still awesome. Katy Perry ruining "We Will Rock You"? Not so much. Not at ALL.

But Russell Brand is so funny. I don't know if it's because he's British or what. Commentary on his magic wand tucked in his pants and health care and the clarification on the word "fanny." And Lady GaGa giving him boners. Her outfit was beyond bizarre, by the way. But Shakira's was gorgeous.

And Taylor Swift got best female performer video or something like that. It has a really good, cute plot and song attached to it. But why does Kanye need to be a jerk? Taylor Swift DID NOT deserve that. I would've been about to cry too.

And of course, Green Day wins best rock video. Because they are Green Day. I'm slightly biased because they have been my favorite band since 8th grade. Taylor Swift wins because she performed in the subway. I can't think of many famous people who would do that. I know Metro Station did it, but they're kind of lame now.

Um 3oh!3 live...I'd see them anyway. Because I love them. Lady Gaga's entrance was genius. She's a great performer. I don't care what anyone has to say about that either. No one can doubt: the woman has talent. Bleeding on stage was slightly genius...although kind of weird at the same time. Ok, REALLY weird. At all times.

Britney won best pop video with "Womanizer." It's a great, catchy song and not annoying, unlike "Single Ladies." The mere mention of the song title gets it stuck in my head. But Green Day performed "East Jesus Nowhere," which I have a feeling will be the next single/ music video. They are crazy good live and I get a rush whenever I see them perform. Beyonce's "Single Ladies" should be forbidden off the air. It's probably the greatest brain crack ever...for the reason mentioning above.

T.I. won best male video...I have nothing to say about that. Haha, shocker, I know. And then Muse performed. I love them almost as much as Green Day. Their new album will be amazing. I can feel it. Well, I've heard most of it, but that's besides the point. Anyway, Eminem won best hip-hop video. I like "We Made You"--pokes good fun at all my favorite reality TV shows, especially rock of love. Because it was the best.

Lady GaGa took home best new artist and P!nk is performing several feet above the stage with a sticker covering her nipple. The acrobatics is quite amazing. I mean, it is about being high and the melody is befitting of the performance. And I doubt most people can sing hanging upside down.

I think I'm done. I'm tired, but this was a good awards show.

No comments: