5/03/2008

(Love + Tests + Concerts) - Time = My Life


Life is a journey. A very long journey, a tedious one, an exciting one, and a rough one. No, just because you are rich and well-to-do does not mean you do not have problems. In contrast, just because you are poor does not mean you have a multitude of issues. I am in this middle crowd of people who cannot go shopping every other day, but have something to eat every meal of the day. However, I do and do not have problems. Right now, I have to deal with love, concerts, and tests and no time to balance the three.

I will start with love. It is the easiest thing to ramble about. Therefore, I shall try to keep this concise. I have found love. I have many people who I love: my best friends. They keep me sane, yet I have no time for them at all anymore.

Which leads to my second point: tests. Stupid life-draining pieces of crap. Okay, good intentions, bad execution. People need balance in their lives among school, leisure and love. With school...it does not seem to be. The drama you deal with there drains time away from tests, tests drain time away from leisure like extracurriculars, and those take time away from friends and now you can press the repeat button. I admire kids who can balance all those things. It is really difficult. Earlier this week, I felt terrible that I didn't talk to my best friend because I was too busy studying and hanging out with my friends at school and practicing for the Spring concert at my school. I truly felt terrible.

There is one thing I can name that balances all the things mentioned above. I like music. Scratch that, I love music. If music was outlawed or there was an embargo on European music, I would die. And music is played at concerts. People go to concerts. Friends are people. Therefore, friends go to concerts too (Q.E.D.). Concerts bring people together. The Spring concert reunited my best friends, helped me get more in touch with close friends, and meet new ones. Today, I am going to Bamboozle with my best friends, dad, and boyfriend. It will be amazing since I will be with them and they rock my life.

Yet somehow...I need to find balance for all the stuff I have due next week...

No comments: