5/21/2008

Lost in Territory I Know

Walking home from school,
no umbrella in hand,
my hair getting soaked,
and I'm hating how well the weather relates to how I feel.

The devious path of life
takes you so far away,
and the crap in mine
keeps you so far away and I'm trying to break it down.
I'm
trying
to
get
to
you.

I hold my breath.
And for a few moments, I can feel my heart racing,
my eyes getting so warm, feeling that wall
in my mind
in my chest
in places I never knew one could feel pain.
At least not emotional pain.

All this time,
I've been dreaming.
Because reality
to be honest (as you tend to say)
sucks. No lies there.

I just want something unconditional.
I want something for nothing.
Nothing too expensive, at least.

But the price is so high.
And there's nothing neither you nor I can do to lower it.
As much as we want to.
And then starts the barage of
"If
only's"
and
"why's"
and
thunderbolts.

No comments: