11/25/2009

In The Heights (N.a.P.)


In the Heights was possibly the best musical I've seen besides Phantom of the Opera and The Lion King. I really liked the singing. And the dancing. And the plot.

Brown Interviewer Man said I'd probably wind up liking it. And he was right. I mean, it was a unique musical, since there was such a mix of cultures and musical styles. At multiple points, Usnavi, the main character, raps, then followed by some Hispanic-type music.

The musical had some touching moments and really funny moments. My favorite characters were Piragua Guy, Sonny, and Usnavi. Yes, they're all dudes, I know. I couldn't really connect with the female characters. Maybe they reminded me too much of people I know.

But I had a really fun time. Except for the fact that I couldn't sit next to Alice Dork. That was way lame.

No comments: