2/05/2012

How College Changes Your Views on Nights In (Aka, No Plans for Superbowl Sunday)

Taken from myheartishoney
When I was in high school, Super Bowl Sunday didn't really exist for me until Junior or Senior year.  Some families had get-togethers, some people threw parties.  My family, being perfectly foreign, didn't really care. Until I, one Super Bowl Sunday with no homework, flipped it on to maybe watch the ads.  I've loved ads since I was little and so I would watch those.  So I was watching the American tradition by myself and whatnot.  I had a television in my room, so it was no big deal.  Plus, it was as school night and I had parental supervision, so curfew, aka no going anywhere after 8 PM on a Sunday, was still a thing that existed in my life.

Let's move to college.  I don't remember even remember what I did that Sunday.  Probably homework of sorts.  It was the Sunday after the Thursday where I sprained my finger and hung out in the snow with my friends, just being silly and like children.  Oh, maybe I watched the game with my dorm.  We were a pretty tight-knit group.  But this year, I live in a dorm where no one seems to even know each other.  And everyone I know is already having plans.  And I feel so left out.  And given my experience in high school, it is so hard to convince myself that I am "left out" because everyone else legitimately has plans.  Their own plans.  Not plans they're purposefully leaving me out of.  And my boy is doing stuff with his frat for it where I think they can have girls over.  But we've already spent the passed 24 hours together and need some space and other people to see.  So I totally understand that.  So, I think tonight I'm going to stay in, read a book, and listen to some more Kosher Food class lectures.   And find out the results and watch the best ads tomorrow morning as part of my morning watching videos ritual.

No comments: