3/28/2011

Red Riding Hood (M.R.)

Taken from closer ❦ to the sun
Since I was traveling most of today, I am a little delayed on posting this.  But anyway.  This movie is a classic fantasy love triangle wrapped in a nice package of little red riding hood and other wolf lore.  Even though this movie was directed by Catherine Hardwicke (who did Twilight), my friend and I decided to give her a fair shot.

I thought this movie was a lot of fun.  In a sense, it is an awesome date movie.  It has suspense and action to satisfy a guy's needs and some romance to satisfy a girl.  I know it bothered people that the girl usually goes for the not as secure relationship, but isn't that where conflict comes in?  Anyway, I thought it was a great plot and me and my friend were guessing the whole way through who the wolf was.  I don't know if it was entirely warranted but whatever.

People have complained that the period piece did not have enough intricate clothing and no one sounded British.  Um, does everyone in that kind of movie have to be British?  Also, the plot takes place in a village, where it seems like no one has much money.Who said it was a period piece anyway?  I feel like the story could have worked in a modern village too.

All in all, this was a good, fun, action-filled, romance-filled work that everyone should go see.  Be it seriously or not seriously.

Rating: 8/10

No comments: