12/24/2008

Anarchy, Government, and The MTA

To clear something up, I'm not an anarchist. Hard to believe, I know. Government is a great thing! Honestly! Without it, life would go something like this:

Dude 1: *pokes*
Dude 2: "Yo, man, wtf?!"
Dude 1: "I can't poke people no more?"
Dude 2: *pulls out gun and shoots Dude 1*

No laws, no one say that shooting someone is wrong. We'd live in chaos. Sure, the world needs a degree of chaos to make life interesting, but some of it is just unnecessary. Like drama. Chaos NO ONE needs in their life. Thankfully, that's left mine, so yay.

Government needs to bail out the MTA. I am no expert, but raising the fare and cutting service? What is that going to accomplish? I have no idea. But there's an issue when a subway is 5 seconds away, and the last train in front of it left the station about 20 minutes ago, and it is standing there for 10 minutes "approaching." I was almost late for seeing my best friend. I was pretty angry, because now, whenever I have a quote of time to hang out with someone, I have to call my parents when I get out. Because once, the suwbay ate 40 minutes out of the 2 hours I had.

And I only needed to go 5 stops.

Go figure.

No comments: