2/22/2009

Vanilla Hands

Waking up the morning...
A lot of my poems start off that way,
Don't they?

Anyway,
I woke up this morning,
With a weird tingly feeling in my fingers.

So I went to my bathroom,
And got my nice vanilla-scented hand soap,
And washed my hands.

I then sat down at my computer,
And inspired by one of the Actress's pics,
decided to look through my own middle school pics.

Honestly--
The amount of "emo" and "goth" that oozes out of them
And out of my past style
Is best left in those pictures.

I know I was too big to pull off the look,
But I thought I totally rocked it.
I could totally rock it now,
But what's the point?

Sure the hair is awesome.
But it takes more effort than I would
EVER want to commit to my appearance.

I believe in looking good.
Not looking like something that only looks good in pics.
So those pics are best left as pics.

And no, they won't be posted on facebook
Or MySpace (where they probably belong).

I don't look like that anymore.
The only way you can see them is if you come to my house.
And chill.

No comments: