4/10/2010

Airplane Crash 4/10 (N.a.P.)

This morning, I woke up to the sound of my mother talking dramatically to my dad.  Being a bit annoyed, I turned around on my bed to check the time.  It was 6:45 AM on a Saturday, my parents were up and the television was on.  Unusual scene for my family.  I go into the living room and there is footage of a massive plane crash.  The president of Poland had died in shown plane crash.

Not only he died, but no one survived the event.  And a bunch of other important people died as well.  Here is the list according to the Law and Justice Party (PiS):
Lech Kaczysnki _ Polish presidentMaria Kaczynska _ The president's wife
Ryszard Kaczorowski _ last president of the anti-Communist government-in-exile in London, 1989-90. The government-in-exile was set up after the prewar Warsaw government was forced to flee the Nazis in 1939.
Aleksander Szczyglo _ head of the National Security Office and former defense minister
Pawel Wypych _ presidential aide
Mariusz Handzlik _ presidential aide
Jerzy Szmajdzinski _ deputy parliament speaker and former defense minister
Andrzej Kremer _ Deputy Foreign Minister
Gen. Franciszek Gagor _ head of the army chief of staff
Andrzej Przewoznik _ minister in charge of WWII memorials
Slawomir Skrzypek _ head of the National Bank of Poland
Janusz Kurtyka _ head of the National Remembrance Institute, a state body that investigates communist-era crimes
Przemyslaw Gosiewski _ lawmaker
Zbigniew Wassermann _ lawmaker
Grzegorz Dolniak _ lawmaker
Janusz Kochanowski _ civil rights commissioner
Bishop Tadeusz Ploski _ army chaplain


This is a lot of important people and the irony is overwhelming.  They were traveling to Katyn, a region in Russia where a terrible massacre had occurred.  Russia has to do some major damage control even though it was not their fault.  At least that is what the investigation seems to say.  I'm not going to go into any conspiracy theories.  I just want to pray for those people, their families, and my mother country, Poland.

No comments: