5/17/2008

What's Conventional?

So, my boos (best friends and boyfriend, for future reference) tell me that I am gorgeous and beautiful. So does my my mother and father. But other people are just like "eh" or "emooo." Because smiling is very characteristic of your stereotypical emo kid. Anyway, I find that there are two kinds of beauty: conventional and unconventional.

Conventional beauties are the girls and guys whom people find universally attractive. Pretty much, you can ask any guy or girl what he or she thinks, and that person will tell you that they are hot. The conventionals get all the guys or girls with ease. But some just have a really hard time keeping them, since the other people hitting on them are distracting. Or so I've found. Some conventional beauties have no inner substance. They have this gorgeous facade, but it is rotten underneath. They are too aware of how pretty they are and demean people who are not. I have experienced this first hand and it is not fun at all.

Unconventional beauties are the kids that barely get any recognition until they find someone who just thinks they are gorgeous. Like me. Not many think people think I'm "hot." Usually it is "eh" or just jumps to something completely disrespectful. I find it rather annoying. But I love the people who think I am pretty and whatnot because they just wish the best for me. They want to stop me from approaching another nigh-eating disorder so that I do not try becoming that which I am not.

Beauty comes in all shapes and forms, none of which is necessarily perfect. And I hope someone finds something lovely and wonderous in anyone who reads the blog because I am pretty sure you totally deserve it.

No comments: